DATA PROTECTION POLICY FOR LAVIN SHARED SERVICES (“LSS”)
- Policy brief & purpose
Our Company Data Protection Policy refers to our commitment to treat information of employees, customers, stakeholders and other interested parties with the utmost care and confidentiality.
With this policy, we ensure that we gather, store and handle data fairly, transparently and with respect towards individual rights.
This policy refers to all parties (employees, job candidates, customers, suppliers etc.) who provide any amount of information to us. The policy outlines LSS’s basic principles on personal data protection and data security standards and ensures compliance with applicable Personal Data Protection laws in particular the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”).
- Who is covered under the Data Protection Policy?
Employees of our company and its subsidiaries and/or related companies must follow this policy. Contractors, consultants, partners and any other third party or external entity are also covered. Generally, our policy refers to anyone we collaborate with or acts on our behalf and may need occasional access to data.
- Policy elements
As part of our operations, we need to obtain and process information. This information includes any offline or online data that makes a person identifiable such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, NRIC numbers, usernames and passwords, digital footprints, photographs, financial data etc.
Our company collects this information in a transparent way and only with the full cooperation and knowledge of interested parties. Once this information is available to us, the following rules apply.
Our data will be:
- Accurate and kept up-to-date
- Collected fairly and for lawful purposes only
- Processed by the company within its legal and moral boundaries
- Protected against any unauthorized or illegal access by internal or external parties
Our data will not be:
- Communicated informally
- Stored for more than a specified amount of time
- Transferred to organizations, states or countries that do not have adequate data protection policies
- Distributed to any party other than the ones agreed upon by the data’s owner (exempting legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities)
In addition to ways of handling the data the company has direct obligations towards people to whom the data belongs. Specifically we must:
- Let people know which of their data is collected
- Inform people about how we’ll process their data
- Inform people about who has access to their information
- Inform people of third parties (if any) their personal data may be disclosed to
- Have provisions in cases of lost, corrupted or compromised data
- Allow people to request that we modify, erase, reduce or correct data contained in our databases
- Ensure that the data is kept in a secure manner
- Standard procedures when processing Personal Data
To exercise data protection we’re committed to:
- Restrict and monitor access to sensitive data
- Develop transparent data collection procedures
- Train employees in online privacy and security measures
- Build secure networks to protect online data from cyber attacks
- Establish clear procedures for reporting privacy breaches or data misuse
- Include contract clauses or communicate statements on how we handle data
- Establish data protection practices (document shredding, secure locks, data encryption, frequent backups, access authorization etc.)
Our data protection provisions will appear on our website and forms such as employment forms and/or questionnaires whereby we will collect and process personal data from employees and the general public.
- Disciplinary Consequences
All principles described in this policy must be strictly followed. A breach of data protection guidelines will invoke disciplinary and possibly legal action.
Disclaimer: This policy template is meant to provide general guidelines and should be used as a reference. It may not take into account all relevant local laws and regulations and is not a legal document. Neither the author nor LSS will assume any legal liability that may arise from the use of this policy.